Wednesday 17 October 2012

Butter Murukku

When it comes to murukke, there is nothing to beat what my mother used to make & it tasted awesome.Only she could make it soo very well & though my trial was not at all bad, I wish I could get it as well as she did....She did the shaping of he murukke by hand & I think I can never master that & I used a murukku presser.....

This is how you make it:

Ingredients:
3 cups rice flour
1/2 cup urad dhal flour
1/2 tbs white/black sesame seeds(optional)         

1 tbs jeera
1/4 tsp hing (I didnt use hing)
5og butter
1 cup water/as needed to knead the flour
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry     


Procedure:

1. To make urad flour- In a heavy bottomed pan, fry Urad dal till light brown & let it cool. Grind it into a fine powder
2.In a mixing bowl take required quantity of rice flour, urad dhal flour, sesame seeds,jeera, hing and salt.
Add Butter and knead the dough. Add water little by little and knead till you get a soft dough.(Make sure it has the right consistency to pass through the murukku presser)
Meanwhile heat the oil in a medium flame.
Fill the murukku presser with the murukku dough and press it  &drop it into the hot oil and fry both sides till golden brown.

3.Drain them in a paper towel to remove excess oil, let them cool. Store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment